Tuesday, February 28, 2012

THE APPLE SPEAKS: IT'S ABOUT TO SING!

Some things just need time to bake, and the end result is worth the wait. This is a lesson I've learned as an adult who often views cooking as a form of everyday meditation and mindfulness.

It's also the lesson I learned while putting together my first poetry manuscript, THE APPLE SPEAKS, which is now available for pre-order on Amazon and other online sites. Some of the poems in this book were started when I was 19, what seems a life-time ago. In the course of revising and editing the book's pages, I've had the opportunity to add my now 31-year-old voice to many stanzas, asking my many "selves," if you will, to sing together.

I'm excited that this collection has been published by an Anabaptist-afilliated press, Cascadia/Dreamseeker Books. This puts the book into the hands of the audience it's possibly most meant for--and the audience I tried NOT to imagine reading it. Ah, yes. The old question of opening our mouths in public--or rather, in publication.

I'm planning a book-and-arts tour of sorts starting this spring--after April 1st, the book's official release date. More news to come, more songs to sing...STAY TUNED!

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME NEWS. Can't wait to be part of the Kansas leg of the Apple Tour.

    ReplyDelete